— “A Psalm of Life” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Down a country road and out in a cotton field is a small cemetery plot where two early members of a once-thriving community are buried. Nearby stood a mill and post office and a general store. Fifth-generation descendants still live on adjacent property.
In the field, bits of broken pottery, brick and other items are often unearthed. Time has taken its toll on the long-gone community. Only the two graves, surrounded by wrought iron, remain from the original town site with burial dates of 1880 and 1900.